Another new member!

Say hello and introduce yourself if you are a new member
Itchy
Cleaner

Another new member!

Post by Itchy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:24 pm

Hello everyone, Yep the 3rd new member to say Hi in just a few days. My name is Chris also known as "Itchy" and not cos I don't have a bath or have nits! It comes from work where I once had a tendency to scratch paintwork...................

I have always been into model railways since a small boy having to wait till the school holidays to get the train set out. In 2006 came a change of jobs that sparked an intrest in something to burn my fingers on! and so it was, I bought my self a second hand 5" Stratford J39. Soon I realised that it was in serious need of an overhaul and with no engineering know how set to it, so here I am today looking forward to this year enjoying all that hard work and meeting new friends.

I have been made to feel very welcome as a new member and am looking to attending the rally in May at Guiling maybe I will meet some of you there, all the best for now and see you soon.

Dose any one know where I can order some sunshine for the 2 days in May and I will bring some along?!!!!!
Richard Phillips
Fat Controller

Re: Another new member!

Post by Richard Phillips » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:42 am

Of the Gilling Rallies I've attended it seems I might have been lucky, most of them have been sunny! I have stood around in the wet and as long as you bring some wet weather gear it's okay. Railways ran in the rain and the snow (or at least in the past they did!).
Itchy
Cleaner

Re: Another new member!

Post by Itchy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:27 pm

Great fun, just been having a go at uploading a photo I hope it has worked. Thank you for you feed back Richard, It's not so much the running in the rain as the clean up to prevent the rust. Maybe I'm been over protective? The novelty will ware off one day……
Untitled-1.gif
photo
Untitled-1.gif (58.07 KiB) Viewed 6843 times