gl5 forum

General Forum to discuss anything you like. No religious topics please.
Alan Wood
Fat Controller

gl5 forum

Post by Alan Wood » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:01 pm

I have noticed a steady decline in articles being posted on this site, the site was set up for all members world wide to air and descuss anything related to our hobby, is nothing taking place outhere that you think may be of intrest to others, please use the site as this is a point of contact for some members who are not able to get to any of the gatherings that most of us take for granted. On another subject TURNOUT we are still not getting as many articles as we need causing a delay in being able to produce another magerzine.We hope we are running gl5 as you the members wish but please dont be afraid to contact any of the comitee to voice your opinion.
Richard Phillips
Fat Controller

Re: gl5 forum

Post by Richard Phillips » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:20 am

Might be worth plugging the forum in Turnout again as we've had a bit of a re-vamp and I had to get a new password.

Once items start appear regularly on forums people check more often and it will take off - when no-one contributes people don't check in and the board becomes stale. I tied to encourage people to post pictures of their projects as I'm sure we're all interested, work-in-progress or finished.
gordon
Cleaner

Post by gordon » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:14 pm

Might well be worth reminders.
Less than 10% of members actually are members of the forum.
On the basis than membership number is number joined up we must be near 1,000 now and only 85 subscribe to the forum.
As a newbie I see the forum as a great way to bounce ideas or ask for guidance as most members are much more knowledgeable than I in this stuff.
Cheers
Gordon
tornado60163
Engine Driver

Post by tornado60163 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi,
I am member 963 and i have only been one for a few weeks so we are getting near to 1000
60163tornado