Forum catagories

General Forum to discuss anything you like. No religious topics please.
Frits
Engine Driver

Forum catagories

Post by Frits » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:46 am

Hello,

First I like to introduce myself. I am a 5" modelrailroadbuilder living in The Netherlands in Munnekeburen (Friesland). My age is 60, I'm nearly 40 years married to Ank, and I am a retired electronic engineer.
My goal is to build a 5" railroad in our garden. At the moment I'm finishing the renovation of our house, but in spring, I pick up my hobbywork again.

The old GL5 forum, which I also joined, was a little different to my knowledge. Then we had catagories to place our topics in. I would like to see that again. :(
Please create some catagories like: Track - Rolling stock - Events - Live steam locomotives - Workshop problems and so on. :)
Not everyone would like to read everything when you come in as a new member. :wink:

See you soon,

Frits
Build it perfekt, but keep it simpel.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:27 pm

Hi Frits,

This is a good point that you make, my reason for not having categories this time is that the forum is not large enough yet. I thought that if I split it all up into sections then the whole forum would be too spread out considering the few members we have at the moment.

Of course if people want to have the categories back then please let me know and I shall to it ASAP, please let me know what categories you would like too.
Frits
Engine Driver

Catagories

Post by Frits » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:49 pm

I do agree with you that the forum is rather small. Keep it in your mind for future expansions.
My favourites then could be: Track - Events - Workshoptips. :)

Frits
Brent Hudson
Cleaner

Railway Design

Post by Brent Hudson » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:00 pm

I will help if you like to design a railway that is easy to build and fun to operate. I have been building railways for Thirty years and my Railway can be ridden around at brenthouse.co.uk

Brent Hudson
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:41 pm

Right.

Now we have some posts coming in thick and fast, I am open to suggestions for different Categoris for the GL5 Forum.

Please Post here.
Brent Hudson
Cleaner

Post by Brent Hudson » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:53 pm

Ok catagories Track and Earth works
Freight rolling stock
Passenger rolling stock
Signalling
Buildings
Prototype operating e.g Shunting ,Train
consists, running compromises and the desired
conclusions and objects of an operating sessions

Bye me hearties whilst I sail round the med Brent
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:07 pm

Thanks and have a good trip Brent.
Frits
Engine Driver

Catagories

Post by Frits » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:42 pm

Hi,

Well a catagory where members could introduce themselves would be nice, so we know who is who. 8)
And in the German fora, which I joined, there is always a catagory called "End Station" or "Depot" or maybe a name like "Junkyard" where they put all the stuff which is no longer actuel or does not fit in other catagories.

Maybe a catagory called "Usefull links" can help members to find the right websites for there hobby. :wink:

I hope you will use one or more suggestions. :lol:

with my regards

Frits

PS. Some members write my name as Fritz, which is incorrect. :cry: