Looking for a dome cover

General Forum to discuss anything you like. No religious topics please.
Scrat
Fat Controller

Looking for a dome cover

Post by Scrat » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:49 pm

If all goes well my Super Claud will move under its own steam for the first time next month (I hope Murphy is on holiday by then). Most of the parts are in place. The only big thing still missing is the dome cover.
Can you give me any idea where I can get that part?

Best regards

Holger
tornado60163
Engine Driver

Re: Looking for a dome cover

Post by tornado60163 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:22 pm

Hello,
Try reeves 2000 they might have one

cheers
Richard Phillips
Fat Controller

Post by Richard Phillips » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:02 pm

Has the design been published here in the UK by another name? Certain designers gave their designs names which didn't match the class name and if that's the case there might be a supplier who has something similar in stock that can be modified.

Just having a look on the web is this is the D16? modified from a D15? I thought the D15 dome looked very similar to the "Tich" design by LBSC (originally 3.5" gauge but has been scaled up), but the D16 is a totally different profile as far as I can see. Maybe look at others in similar classes and see if you can pick up a dome from another design if similar.
richardw
Engine Driver

Post by richardw » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:07 pm

Blackgates list a Gunmetal casting for the Dome in their catalogue so should be worth a try.

They don't have an online catalogue as far as I know but their website http://www.blackgates.co.uk/ gives their contact details.

Have you any photos you can post of the loco as I'm a Great Eastern fan and would like to see it and hear about it.