South West Engineering, Model Making and Hobbies Show.

General Forum to discuss anything you like. No religious topics please.
David Hale
Fat Controller

South West Engineering, Model Making and Hobbies Show.

Post by David Hale » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:06 pm

For the benefit of anyone who did not see my earlier posting, the above event will be taking place on 30th April, plus 1st and 2nd May at the Royal Bath and West of England Showground near Shepton Mallet, Somerset. (Satnav BA4 6QN) The showground is home to the East Somerset Society of Model and Experimental Engineers, and both 5" and 7 1/4" trains will be operating throughout the show.

Unfortunately, this does clash with Nigel Dickinsons event at Bath, and also a certain Royal Wedding. However, anyone wishing to visit us would be most welcome.

On October 1st and 2nd ESSMEE will be holding our annual Open Weekend. Again anyone would be most welcome especially if attending with their own loco or locos. For this event, space will be available for caravans and camping. If interested, please contact Roy Lipscombe on 01761 414357 or email lipscombe@btinternet.com
Alternatively, contact me at villagevac@aol.com

Either event would provide a chance to see progress on our 5" gauge marshalling yard which is coming along niceley!

David Hale.
Alan Wood
Fat Controller

Re: South West Engineering, Model Making and Hobbies Show.

Post by Alan Wood » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:38 pm

Hi Dave your offfer of caravan parking is very helpful is it only avalible in october or for both events.
David Hale
Fat Controller

Post by David Hale » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:31 pm

Hello Alan. Thanks for your interest.
Unfortunately, the show at the end of April,and start of May is organised by a commercial concern. They will only provide a limited number of passes to enable our club members to get in as our track will be in use for the event. They will allow camping/caravans only for commercial exhibitors. Sorry about that. However, there are a number of good sites nearby. Let me know what you might be looking for and I will get some details to pass on to you.
David Hale
Fat Controller

Post by David Hale » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:25 pm

Since my previous posting relating to this show, our Chairman has learned that it will be possible to camp or caravan on the site for a fee of £8 per night. Anyone interested should contact the show organisers. there is a "contact" button on their website which is http://www.swmee.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would add that neither I, nor the East Somerset Society have any financial connection with the organisers.