Winsons

General Forum to discuss anything you like. No religious topics please.
Ben Lyons
Fat Controller

Winsons

Post by Ben Lyons » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:07 pm

Hi All

Does any one have acess to Fastrack Mag mentioned in Turnout for april 2000 refs to Steve Eccles and seems to be about helping Winson builders, As I am more than half though a 9f and have heard the clyinders/ pistons are incorrect (dont work) would like to find out more.

Any help please

Regards Ben Lyons
Bedford
Mike Solloway
Cleaner

Re: Winsons

Post by Mike Solloway » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi Ben,

I think you will find that as per full size, the cylinders for the 9F and Brit are the same, in which case this chap at: http://www.britanniabuilder.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; seems to have overcome many of the issues with cylinders and the like and has ended up with a very well performing loco, no shortage of detail on his site!

Hope that helps.

Mike
Ben Lyons
Fat Controller

Post by Ben Lyons » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi Mike

Many thanks for the reply, Yes I have been looking at this site and its been most helpful, I seem to get lots of they never worked but not much to say how to make them work. I know off one winson 9F ( Geoff at colchester) has one and it works as it should --I really need to get down and see him.
What I really need is some one who really knows what they are looking at and can advise with some certainty

Thanks again

Ben Lyons
Mike Solloway
Cleaner

Post by Mike Solloway » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:37 pm

I once had a drive of a superb one at Stafford Club, I was stunned when he said it started life as a kit, couldn't fault it. If you can put some PTFE valve heads in it that seems to be the one thing that people say makes the biggest difference in performance along with opening up the outlet from the regulator, from memory it was something like 1/8" diameter trying to feed a pair of 1 9/16" cylinders..... How far have you got with it?