Members in £ counties

General Forum to discuss anything you like. No religious topics please.
Ben Lyons
Fat Controller

Members in £ counties

Post by Ben Lyons » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:19 pm

Are there an GL5 member in the Beford area who would like to get together say every now an then on an evening for a chat discuss who,s doing what and where we can share experiences. Bit like the guys at Lindsay.

We could meet at my works place (lots of tea coffee ect) plus it warm.

Yes I know we get togther to run at Brents, Colchester ect but these meets are full of running ect not really OK
lets have a look at that, see how we can make it,fix it or just have the coffe!

SO please add your penny worth.

Ben Lyons
Bedford.
Ben Lyons
Fat Controller

Re: Members in £ counties

Post by Ben Lyons » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:20 pm

I meant in the THREE counties

Ben
Alan Wood
Fat Controller

Post by Alan Wood » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:57 pm

Hi ben sounds like a great idea , being outside at this time of year is not very pleasent. when were you thinking about this get together.
Ben Lyons
Fat Controller

Re: Members in 3 counties

Post by Ben Lyons » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi Alan

Time really is to suit, tueday evenings are good for me or maybe Saturday morning,8/ 9/10ish until say 2/3 oclock We could make it say once a month or once a fortnight if evenings, if we made it early in the month it would miss Brent house meeting on the 3rd weekend. Once we get a few maybe we do a come to you so we share out travel but I,m happy to have you all here.
Open to offers.
ANY ONE ELSE ?

Ben Lyons
Alan Wood
Fat Controller

Post by Alan Wood » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:01 pm

Can i surgest if its going to be on a saturday morning make it the second saturday as that then leaves people free to go to the Michel Cadez railway on the first saturday of the month as i know several members go down during the summer months .
alan w
Porter

Re: Members in 3 counties

Post by alan w » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:03 am

Provisionally I'M in, I'M also a member of Milton Keynes M.E.S. we have ground level 5"/7.25" track @ Caldecotte lake south Milton Keynes with very nice warm friendly large pub/restaurant adjacent to site with lots of parking space. Contact Email:- Whitehouse673@gmail.com :shock:
PS. World coordinates for our location are 52*00'3816"N 0*42'3095"W view on google earth is not showing full extent of our railway google earth image requires uptating. See our website mkmes.org.uk
Alan Whitehouse the A1 fireman from the 1A Shed
hudrail
Cleaner

Post by hudrail » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:15 pm

O K
Don`t all rush . Is it that you lot only want to sit and watch Telley after supper ! When we all get together we cannot stop talking so it`s not lock jaw . Last saturday we had a fantastic work party and never stopped talking so for the effort of getting off your back sides you get a free coffee and I will bring some Chocolate Biscuits . We need to liven up G L 5 , I have a pole and some terrible jokes and what about videos , not those ones but train ones . It takes EFFORT to make things happen and a guy is trying to make it happen Support him
Brent
mickfearn
Porter

Post by mickfearn » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi Brent ,I'am back in circulation know ,and would like to know when these events are about to take place,as it would be appreciated if I was able to take part. I've been watching the events calender ,but only 2012 is shown.
maybe you could let me know.
regards Mick