wanted milk tanker info

General Forum to discuss anything you like. No religious topics please.
noggin
Cleaner

wanted milk tanker info

Post by noggin » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am

Hi all, I need some info on 6 wheeled milk tankers,Im going to start soon but i need as much info as pos as detail floats my boat,Ive been told by a member on here that the book (an illustrated history of LMS coaching stock VOL1 by essery and jenkingson)has info on milk tankers but this is like hens teeth and i can not locate a copy, Has anyone got a copy for sale (prefer tatty as it will be used in the workshop, or can anyone photo copy the info, or has anyone got anything on 6 wheel milk tankers that i could have, buy ect Many Thanks Garry :D
Alan Wood
Fat Controller

Re: wanted milk tanker info

Post by Alan Wood » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:35 pm

Hi the book your looking for is avalible at http://WWW.abebooks.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; they have at least 3 copies. thought this might help.
Richard Phillips
Fat Controller

Post by Richard Phillips » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:43 am

It's a good book and I'd suggest that the one listed at 30 pounds is probably as cheap as you'll get it unless you land on a lucky find. I'm still looking for volume two which seems to be very rare or otherwise expensive. I'm not sure what the rules on fair use copying are, but I can probably scan the scan part of the section on LMS tanks if you PM me your email address. It will give you the lot numbers for the LMS designs, the MMB variant that Dave has modelled is a slightly later variant, but very similar in most respects. There are differences in various lots in terms of cladding, spring ends and filling/safety valve apparatus, but all the major bits are in the same place!
noggin
Cleaner

Post by noggin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi sorry have not answered sooner ive not been about,Many Many thanks for that guys, Alan ive got the book from abebooks it came the next day and was in very good condition so thankyou for that Ive bookmarked the site, Richard Many thanks to you it would have been a great help copying the info but ive got the book know from the site that Alan recomended, You might be able to get vol2 from them. Thank you again guys much appreciated when i start the build ill put it on here thankyou Garry