Stolen money

General Forum to discuss anything you like. No religious topics please.
Waterwalker
No rank

Stolen money

Post by Waterwalker » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:52 pm

I am wring this to see how big a problem there is, if indeed there is a problem, I may be alone here.

In 2013, I ordered an item from one of the full page advertisers in Turnout, the item was paid for by credit card and an approximate delivery date agreed. Several weeks later, the same amount, a considerable sum, was again removed,(stolen), from my account using the card details. The resulting phone calls and excuses continued for several weeks finally resulting in the stolen money being returned in dribs and drabs. The item ordered showed no sign of appearing, so the order was cancelled, the requests for the return of payment were ignored so I had to start dispute proceedings with the credit card company which after several weeks returned my money. Lesson learnt, don't deal with this company again.

But that's not the end of the saga; using the same card details, 12 months later he again steals another considerable amount from my account. The resulting phone calls produced the same excuses including blaming B.T.!! After 3 weeks of enduring the most pathetic excuses you have ever heard, a further dispute had to be raised with the card company to get my stolen money returned.

The card was cancelled, so sorry matey, you can't do that to me again, but then I got to thinking. G.L.5. is a very widely spread community, apart from some small groups who have regular contact, the rest of us will rarely talk about this kind of problem, if indeed there is one. What appears to be happening is; he steals your money, knowing full well you can get it back from the card company. He has full use of this free cash "loan" until the card company retrieves it from his account several months later, by which time he may be doing the same to someone else.

If I am not alone, let's here about it, that's what the forum is for.
Dave Noble
Fat Controller

Re: Stolen money

Post by Dave Noble » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:17 pm

I assume you mean John Clarke of Lynx models.

I feel rather guilty because we carried his advert, but previous enquiries had been moderately positive. However, since about August I heard some pretty negative reports about him, and having met him at his workshop when I helped to retrieve a friend's loco from him, decided to drop the advert.

However, I believe he has now gone bankrupt.
Waterwalker
No rank

Post by Waterwalker » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:31 pm

Your right Dave, however I have just checked last years bank statements and I was dealing with Lynx Model Works Ltd, the money stolen from me on 4th Nov this year was Lynx Model PA. Looks like this guy is back trading again, new phone No. and a new office. Be careful out there!!
Dave Noble
Fat Controller

Post by Dave Noble » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:16 pm

Just been searching Google, and if I read it correctly, 'Lynx Model Works Limited' is on the 'Companies Court Winding Up List 29.07.13' ie, last year!