Doug Hewson News

General Forum to discuss anything you like. No religious topics please.
Norm Lorton
No rank

Doug Hewson News

Post by Norm Lorton » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:14 am

I was so sorry to see news in ME that Doug Hewson had suffered a stroke recently. Whether minor or not I don't know but I do hope that he is able to recover quickly and completely. I know that all of us would want to wish him a speedy recovery and that perhaps anyone who might see Doug could convey our very best wishes.

Norm
ejparrott
Cleaner

Re: Doug Hewson News

Post by ejparrott » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:07 pm

Is anyone able to update us on Doug's condition? I sent him some photo's by post of my new engine a few weeks ago, hopefully one of the family showed them to him. I firmly believe in the goodness of encouraging ones passion's in these situations.
LNER MAN
Porter

Re: Doug Hewson News

Post by LNER MAN » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:40 pm

I spoke to Dougs wife Janet today and he is making slow progress after his stroke. He is in a NHS home in N Lincolnshire in the village of Winterton. Yesterday he went home for the day for evaluation for his needs when he goes home permenantly. Janet has sent out invitations for Gilling. In the invitations is a request for steam loco,s to have adequate ashpans to avoid setting fire to the plastic sleepers. I think this requirement will also apply to the track at Shildon. Look forward to seeing you all there. Regards Ballan