Standards & Turnout 45

General Forum to discuss anything you like. No religious topics please.
Admin
Site Admin

Standards & Turnout 45

Post by Admin » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:46 pm

Standards

It is important that track and stock conform to the Wheel Profile, Track Gauge, and Running Gauge standards. The buffing and drawgear standards should be treated as recommendations for anyone not working to accurately scaled full size dimensions, eg if your prototype had slightly shorter buffers or longer couplings, that would not make the model incompatible and would be acceptable. If you are unsure what the full size dimensions were, you can use the standards. The standards can be found here - http://www.gl5.org/?page_id=22 .
Frits
Engine Driver

Axlebox

Post by Frits » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:02 pm

Hi,

Was there perhaps also such a drawing of a GWR axlebox?
I would appreciate to have a copy of that one too, while I'm just desining my own version from some pictures. :D

Frits
Last edited by Frits on Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build it perfekt, but keep it simpel.
Dave Noble
Fat Controller

Post by Dave Noble » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:57 pm

Hi Fritz,

No, there were only two drawings which did not print clearly, neither was GWR.

Dave (Editor).
Dave Harris
Engine Driver

Post by Dave Harris » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:40 pm

Re the new standards drawings , is it possible to have them posted in a format that will print on A4 paper ?... Dave harris :cry:
Dave Noble
Fat Controller

Post by Dave Noble » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:02 pm

Hi,

The drawings are on the web site as large pictures to preserve the detail.

I have had no problems, try saving the picture, and then printing from the saved image. This should bring up your printer options, make sure you tick the appropriate boxes to tell your printer to print on to an A4 sheet.

Dave.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:05 am

D Harris,

In reply to my Dads comment . . . . to save an image right click on it in your internet browser and go to Save Image As. Once the image is downloaded to your PC double click it to open it. In window XP this will open a window that will display the image, at the bottom of the window click the print button, as shown below:

When you do this a printing wizard will appear, follow the steps through the wizard by selecting the photos you wish to print using the tick boxes, as shown below:

The most important step is selecting how you want your photo to be printed, Full Page Photo Print will print neatly (ish) onto an A4 sheet:

I hope this helps.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:54 pm

I have added links to A4 sized Standards Images.

Note that these can be printed by going to File>Print in your internet browser, the images just fit onto an A4 - I think. I am currently without a printer so I cannot be sure. You may need to change the page layout to Landscape for it to print properly.