Hereford October 2020

All 2020 discussions should be posted here
Matt Fowles
Fireman

Hereford October 2020

Post by Matt Fowles » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:54 pm

Hi all,

Spotted Hereford in the Turnout calendar towards the end of the year. It's not a track I know much about, does anyone have any photos from previous gatherings?
Along with the ESSMEE circuit down at Bath & West it must be one of the nearest GL5- friendly railways to me, hence my particular interest (although I'm planning on going to a few of the further afield ones too of course).
David Hale
Fat Controller

Re: Hereford October 2020

Post by David Hale » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:53 pm

Hello Matt.

Don't forget that you (and all GL5 members) would be most welcome to visit the Bath and West Railway at any time. Just contact me.
Matt Fowles
Fireman

Post by Matt Fowles » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:23 am

Hi David,

Once the weather warms up a bit I was going to see if we could do just that with a couple of the guys from around this way- I'll have to look for when there's a bit of a gap in the GL5 calendar. Thank you for the invite!
Pete Myford
No rank

Post by Pete Myford » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:52 pm

I would be very interested in attending this meet with my Class 37 diesel (I'll leave my Sweet Pea steam at home since this may offend the group!).
As a new member to this group it will offer me the opportunity to get to know some of you and my very first experience on a ground level track. Let's hope it is safe (Covid) by this time.
Ben Lyons
Fat Controller

Post by Ben Lyons » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:53 pm

Hopefully you all have spotted that the Hereford week event has been confirmed and will go ahead as planned.
A big thank you to all a Hereford in allowing us to visit.
The club have been busy getting both the track and the facilities ready to receive visitors , given this is an out side event there will be some small restrictions all attending will be given final details on arrival.
Wally has confirmed the following details
Caravans and tents are welcome and there's a set site given over to this. There is no hook up for electricity but anyone needing a battery charge can be helped out via a member.
There are toilets on site and these will be available over the full event time.
Should anyone wish to arrive earlier than Friday morning they will need to let me know I've already agreed we can stay on site until Monday.
Tea and coffee will be available at two sites the club house and the station building. This will be served to a table in the doorway to maintain social distance.
They is an offer of a light launch this must be per ordered beforehand.
To help with how we run the event I would like all who intend to visit to let me know. Use only my e mail or the event booking form only.
I can supply Wally's phone for anyone how would like it just e mail me and I will reply I don't intend to post it here.
Finally it's our 1st and only official at present so let's make it a good one.
Matt Fowles
Fireman

Post by Matt Fowles » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:29 pm

Excellent, look forward to it. Thanks for the update Ben.
Ben Lyons
Fat Controller

Post by Ben Lyons » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:05 pm

Don't forget to use the event entry form
In the comments please state which days you are attending and if you want a light lunch