Shildon

All 2022 events should be posted here
Ben Lyons
Fat Controller

Shildon

Post by Ben Lyons » Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:51 pm

I'm afraid we have decided to cancel shildon this time . I know many where hopefully that the event would go ahead. The reason for the cancellation is not to do with covid but space.
In the past we have alway had the large space just inside the main door along with other spots ie noble one or two, plus the middle area .
This year the museum have elected to place two locos right in the middle of the front space.
Both Dave and I have spent many hours trying to fit our track around the two offenders and the new visitors desk but I'm afraid it just won't fit.
Pam tried hard to get the locos moved just a few feet would have done but to no avail.I know this is a disappointment but it seem the locos, are for the moment fixed..
We are still in discussion with Pam regarding revisiting perhaps later this year or next so all is not lost and with a new hall planned we might just get now space for our return.
In the mean time please watch the calendar as we will look to book something, some where around the end of march.
Ben Lyons
Chairman.
richardw
Engine Driver

Re: Shildon

Post by richardw » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:40 pm

Thanks for the update Ben, it's a shame as I'd been looking forward to it but hopefully we can return in the future.
Martin Ashley
Porter

Re: Shildon

Post by Martin Ashley » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:37 pm

That is a shame. It's dry at Shildon even when it's pouring with rain! Here's hoping for another date.