Bath & West 22nd April- 24th April 2022

All 2022 events should be posted here
Matt Fowles
Engine Driver

Bath & West 22nd April- 24th April 2022

Post by Matt Fowles » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:24 pm

Hi folks,

For those who may not have spotted it on the main website/ Facebook.

Posting on behalf of David Hale- ESSMEE are hosting a GL5 Rally from Friday 22nd to Sunday 24th April- hopefully camping will be available on site although there will be a charge. For those who haven't been before it's a long single track mainline run with a large through station area, plus two interlinked yards served by a loop off of the main. The track is situated within the Bath and West Showground just outside Shepton Mallet, Somerset.

Entry forms are on the website as usual :wink:

Hopefully see lots of you there!

Matt
alan w
Porter

Re: Bath & West 22nd April- 24th April 2022

Post by alan w » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:52 pm

Hope to get there still waiting for OP on my back, was arranged by Hospital at short notice in December, short notice stopped me from attending freeze your nuts off at Brents, I was look forward to that, then at short notice last minute Op cancelled so I could not get to Brents. I will be happy when this covid nonsense has gone so I can get my health sorted. Hope to see you at Bath and West. Alan Whitehouse
Alan Whitehouse the A1 fireman from the 1A Shed
David Hale
Fat Controller

Post by David Hale » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:48 pm

ESSMEE/GL5 Event at the Bath and West Showground 22nd to 24th April 2022.
So pleased to read that the Gilling Event this past weekend went well. A tremendous collection of pictures certainly conveys the atmosphere enjoyed by those present.
Now, about three weeks to go until the event at the Bath and West Railway. Hope we can do as well.
Response has been very pleasing yet again. As of today, registrations for the weekend includes 20 steam locos, 5 diesel outline, 160 wagons, and 20 carriages plus of course their owners. If you haven’t already registered, many more can be accommodated. Please use the form on the GL5 Forums site.
Coffee, tea and cakes will be available in the club house throughout the weekend, and I hope to be able to arrange a barbecue on the Friday evening, plus a fish and chip supper on the Saturday evening.
A number of members have indicated that they would like to arrive on Thursday 21st. I will be on site during the afternoon, but should you arrive after 18.00 on any of the days, and find that the main gate is locked, there is a keypad adjacent to the security office. The ESSMEE entry code is 1346 followed by the hash key. Please use the same code to close the gates after entering.
Post code for the site is BA4 6QN
For anyone not camping or caravanning on site, I have prepared a short list of places in the locality offering overnight accommodation with their distances from the showground. Please let me know if you would like a copy.
Andy Booth
No rank

Post by Andy Booth » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:24 pm

Any one know when trains start running ath the Bath & West event tomorrow :D