P.O. Wagons

Discuss freight and rolling stock here
mikeg
Engine Driver

P.O. Wagons

Post by mikeg » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Whilst looking for an obscure P.O.Coal wagon description I came across a wonderful index from Joe Greaves who has collated known details of coal wagons and tanks from the many various books available on the subject.

The index can be downloaded from http://www.lightmoor.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - look under private owner wagons - and runs to 30 pages.

Lots of hitherto unknown info in this document and well worth a look

Suggest Dave Noble may have a few new calls for transfers! :D
Eddyg
Fat Controller

Re: P.O. Wagons

Post by Eddyg » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:43 pm

The index can be downloaded from http://www.lightmoor.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - look under private owner wagons - and runs to 30 pages.
Mike,

Do you want to give us that in something other than computer speak. Means absolutely nothing to me!

Eddie
mikeg
Engine Driver

Post by mikeg » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:31 am

Hi eddie

Not sure what happened there but everytime you put in the www name it puts in the gobeldegook afterwards you cannot delete it in preview either !

Suffice to say search on Lightmoor and then the chapter on P.O.Wagons
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:30 pm

mikeg wrote:Hi eddie

Not sure what happened there but everytime you put in the www name it puts in the gobeldegook afterwards you cannot delete it in preview either !

Suffice to say search on Lightmoor and then the chapter on P.O.Wagons
Fixed the links and will look into why the addition html is appearing.
mikeg
Engine Driver

Post by mikeg » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:18 pm

Well having sorted out the computer gremlins I have another problem which hopefully someone out there can help with.

I was hoping to get a couple of Keith Turton's books on wagons from the local library but they have given up so has anybody got a copy of his second and eighth collection of wagon books?

I need info on one wagon from each book so not a lot of point trying to buy them - the intention is to give Dave Noble another challenge or two so if anybody has copies and is willing to scan the two relevant pages please let me know.

Hopefully see you all at Gilling
Alan Wood
Fat Controller

Post by Alan Wood » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:01 am

hi mike , i have a full set of his books so let me know what you need and ill see if i can help after next weekend.
mikeg
Engine Driver

Post by mikeg » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:37 am

Alan the two wagons in question are :-

BEEBY & SON Peterborough which is in the 8th book (Page48?) and ALFRED PRATT which is the 2nd collection book (Page125?)

I would appreciate all the info which appears in the books re these wagons. Not sure if this is one page each but hopefully also includes a good photo of each.

Assuming you are able to make Gilling then am happy to see you then, if not give me a ring. If you are going to see John any time I could meet you there. Again many thanks.
mikeg
Engine Driver

Post by mikeg » Fri May 10, 2013 12:28 pm

I have heard from Alan Wood who cannot make Gilling this time and who also is having trouble finding the books/references I was after.

If anyone going to Gilling , who has the relevant books, and who can copy and bring the info on the two wagons in question I would be very gratefull