New member!

Say hello and introduce yourself if you are a new member
4578rp
Porter

New member!

Post by 4578rp » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:20 pm

Hello GL5!
My names Ryan and I live down in the south. Im 18 and have 3 5 inch gauge locomotives!
If some of you remember Fred Youngman, an ex and sadly passed away GL5 member, I have his old class 52 'Western Champion'. I also have a Firefly which is in BR non-lined black ( a change from the GWR green) and at this present time I am rebuilding an ex-members V3 locomotive.. so its all happening! I am a member and committee member of Wimborne District Society of Model Engineers.

For thos who are wondering about Fred's old locos and rolling stock, they are all at good homes. The warship and the 6 MK1 coaches he used to own are with a member of the club and the collet goods is on going an restoration who is also a member of Wimborne.

Hopefully next year i will have the V3 running and hopefully i will turn up to some of your well atended events!

All the best!
mikeg
Engine Driver

Re: New member!

Post by mikeg » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:46 pm

Hi Ryan - good to hear that Fred's stock is still turning wheels. It certainly did under his ownership!

Fred lived in the place where I was born and bred (72B) so we had a good raport and he is sorely missed. Not sure if you intend to go to Gilling (May be a bit far) but if you want to run closer to home then you would be more than welcome here in Colchester.
4578rp
Porter

Post by 4578rp » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:41 am

Thank you for the invite. If you could provide more details, that would be brilliant and I'm very grateful. I'm not sure about Gilling this year but I do intend of going up next year with either the class 52 or the V3 (if i have finished it).
Thanks again.
mikeg
Engine Driver

Post by mikeg » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:20 pm

Ryan - the next GL5 event at Colchester is the GL5 AGM which is 13/14th July (See events on the website). This is a two day event on an informal basis - some timetable running but not so intense as a Main Line rally. The AGM actually takes place during the event when we all stop for an hour or so.

The Colchester M.E. website will give you directions if you can make it. If you can we would be pleased to see you
4578rp
Porter

Post by 4578rp » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:28 pm

Thank you very much for the invite! I will do my best to come down for the event. Hope to see you there!