New member saying Hi.

Say hello and introduce yourself if you are a new member
gall335i
Porter

New member saying Hi.

Post by gall335i » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:27 am

Hi guys,

My name is Andrew and I've just become a member of this great group of people, I live up north in Darlington and atm I'm currently building a BR 9F to Les Warnetts design.

I'd like to say a big thankyou to Brent for the invatation and to all the other people there over the weekend at the shildon event, you all made me very welcome and let me have a go which was great, hopefully I will manage to get to some if not most of the furture events if it falls on the right dates for work!!

Thanks again,

Andrew.
Ben Lyons
Fat Controller

Re: New member saying Hi.

Post by Ben Lyons » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:01 pm

Hi Andrew

Looks like a few 9fs on the go. Alan Wood Gl5 chairman has one I think its built from Les Warnett drawings for the frames ect and with a model works or Winson boiler. I have a Winson kit part built but have stopped as Cannot see how to get a better steam valve and bigger feed pipe into the boiler.

would be great to see how you are progressing and have a chat are you at Harrogate or Gilling ? I cannot do both but might manage one I am sure Alan would be in on it.

Best Regards
Ben Lyons (email address on members only site)
PS --If any one has the old mags there was an article in the 80s on building the 9f
Question If you are the one with the mags could I get copies All expenses paid.
gall335i
Porter

Re: New member saying Hi.

Post by gall335i » Sat May 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi Ben,

Yeah I was talking to Alan at the shildon event a couple of weeks ago.

It'd be great to meet up at some point, I'm only at harrogate on the Friday as it's the wife's b/day the Saturday and going away for the night.

Not to far on with my engine have the basic frames built up with stretchers and both beams, been working on fabricating the horn guides and spring hanger brackets to save on casting costs, collecting D&c and Pony wheels at harrogate from Blackgates.

My chassis is going to be on my local club stand, Teesside Small Gauge Railway.

Hope to see some of the GL5 memebers there.

Andrew.