Another new one

Say hello and introduce yourself if you are a new member
westwales dave
No rank

Another new one

Post by westwales dave » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:16 pm

Hi everybody
I live in west wales and currently a member of pembrokeshire model engineers, i have 2 electric locos (08 shunter and class 37) and a GWR class 14xx having a rebuild. At the moment i am a third of the way through my GL 5 inch garden track and have built a couple of wagons but have been amazed at the level of detail that i have seen from your wagons etc, just bought Doug Hewsons book and realize i have a very long way to go. also hope to build some signals, any advice gratefully received. Thanks
Ben Lyons
Fat Controller

Re: Another new one

Post by Ben Lyons » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:41 pm

Hello Dave, sorry but only just seen your note on the forum, anyway as chairman l like to welcome you to GL5
I only came to GL5 some 4-5 years ago and it a great group lots for friendly help along with great and helpful advise.
I note you are building some wagons Please dont be put off by Doug's book its there to inspire, there are many nice looking wagons about indeed our president runs what he calls stand off models what you might see as the train passes by, so do you best learn as I have done from the rest of the guys try and attend as many events as you can, come and say HELLO
Have you noted the event at Shildon next march.
I for one look forward to meeting you.
Ben Lyons
Peter Layfield
Porter

Re: Another new one

Post by Peter Layfield » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:33 pm

Hi Dave, We will be publishing our calendar for 2018 in the next few days, and hope there are some events that you will be able to attend and
meet a few fellow members. yes there are some some first class models of wagons amongst our members which have been scratch built, but also some
outstanding kits which are quite highly detailed to the type of wagon that Ben mentioned, we all try to keep to the GL5 standards which you will
possibly have seen here on our website
best wishes Peter Layfield