Greetings from far North

Say hello and introduce yourself if you are a new member
Martin Ashley
Porter

Greetings from far North

Post by Martin Ashley » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:48 pm

Hello everybody. My name is Martin Ashley and I am a new member of GL5. I live in Slaggyford near Alston, so have the South Tynedale Railway on my doorstep. I am a steam driver for said railway, as well as signaller on the East Lancs. These two organisations have taken up a lot of my "retirement" but in my workshop I have four 3.5" locos, a 5" Precursor tank, which is powered by electricity, a 5" "Anne-of-Holland" Bagnall tank, which is currently out of ticket and wouldn't be allowed on GL5 anyway as it's an industrial! This week, I take delivery of a new build Maxitrak 4F. The 4F and Precursor will, I hope become regular performers at GL5 and I have ambitions to build a few wagons for the 4F and a plum and spilt milk coach or two for the Precursor - dream on!! Hope to meet some of you soon. I am a member of TSMEE in Newcastle and have just joined Cinderbarrow though have yet visit. The scenery in South Tynedale is exceedingly beautiful, but distance to the nearest ME club is a slight disadvantage. But 2018, for me, absolutely has to be the year of GL5!
Ben Lyons
Fat Controller

Re: Greetings from far North

Post by Ben Lyons » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:42 am

Good morning Martin,
Great to have you with use. I thought it might be good if you can get up to our Shunting week end at Shildon Stan and a couple of others will be over from Cinderbarrow , we will also have some members who live in and around your home location so in all a good time to meet up.
So come over and make yourself known Ben Lyons Chairman.