Hi Everyone

Say hello and introduce yourself if you are a new member
Ivanp
No rank

Hi Everyone

Post by Ivanp » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:49 pm

I am currently trying to build a Y4 .
I wonder if anyone else is building one , it would be nice to compare notes and spur each other on .
This is the first loco i have built and have the frames assembled .

look forward to hearing from anyone

regards
Ivan
Richard Phillips
Fat Controller

Post by Richard Phillips » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:39 am

Sorry no one has got back to you, the traffic on this forum can be a bit slow but there are some Y4 builders out there in GL5. You will almost definitely see at least one at the GL5 rallies coming up at Gilling if you can make it across. That's probably the best time to discuss any issues with the builder. I haven't built one myself to give you any guidance.
Ballan Baker
Engine Driver

Y4 construction

Post by Ballan Baker » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:25 pm

:) Hi Ivan . I have had a Y4 built and running for about 24 years so has Doug Hewson. We both live across the river from you , we will both be at Harrowgate and also Gilling in May so you will be able to pick up some hints from both of us. Regards Ballan Baker.
Ivanp
No rank

Post by Ivanp » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:16 pm

Hi Ballan
I hope to go to harragate and i hope to go to gilling so i will have a look at your Y4 again.
I say again because I did the driver training about 18 month ago and had a drive of yours :D
I am just about to quater the wheels and finish the con rods on mine, but I have lots of questions about how to machine the parts.
regards
Ivan